Cookies and Ads
COOKIES AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING DISCLOSURE.
WHAT KIND OF INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING DOES brian jessel bmw CONDUCT?
We personalize websites operated by Tadvantage by AutoTrader and participate in network advertising programs that display advertising about Brian Jessel BMW on other unaffiliated websites. We customize and personalize this advertising to your interests based on information from your activities, such as the actions you take when you visit our websites and when visiting websites that display Brian Jessel BMW advertising.
We use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixels and other technologies to collect information on how users navigate our websites and respond to our promotional communications.
When a user interacts with our website, "cookies" and other digital markers are used by us and by our third party service providers to collect information and to track user patterns. These technologies create unique identifiers that permit us to identifies your browser or device each time you visit our website. These technologies can tell us which pages were visited and how often. We use this information in an effort to improve our website’s usefulness to you - primarily for technical reasons, such as providing seamless navigation. In addition, we may use website plug-ins (including third-party plug-ins) that store information in your local browser storage to assist with understanding website analytics.
WHAT THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS COLLECT INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE AND WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS COLLECTION?
Our third-party service providers, including ad management providers, use third party cookies, web beacons, or other digital markers to help us to maintain and improve our websites and electronic communications, deliver interest-based advertising on this website and on other sites, and provide social plug-in functions. A list of service providers is available upon request.
CUSTOMIZED SOCIAL MEDIA ADS
We may also use third-party social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to show you customized ads. To offer such ads, we may convert your email address, telephone number or other information into a unique value which can be matched by our partner social media company with a user on the social media platform. Although we do not provide any personal information to these platform vendors, they may gain insights about individuals who respond to the ads we serve. To opt out of customized social media ads, please use the links provided in the ad, or email email@example.com
WHY DOES MINI CONDUCT INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING?
We believe that interest-based advertising that is tailored to your particular interests is more helpful and relevant to you. We use information collected about your interaction with our websites and other unaffiliated websites to understand our audiences and to improve your access to new products and services that are most relevant to your interests.
HOW CAN I OPT-OUT OF RECEIVING INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING FROM MINI?
If you do not want to receive interest-based advertising on other websites or would like to exercise choices about the third-party advertising networks that provide you with interest-based advertising, please see the opt-out options below. Please note that if you opt-out you may still receive online advertising from us on other websites or applications. However, these advertisements will not be displayed to you based on your interests. Please note that like many other websites, we will also continue to personalize your visits to our websites.
- Interest-Based Advertising and Analytics. You can opt-out of network advertising programs that track your activities across multiple websites to deliver personalized advertising content to you. Please visit Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Page: http://youradchoices.ca/understanding-online-advertising, NAI Opt-Out Page http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and the Ad Choices Opt-Out Page http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- These websites provide tools that identify member companies that have placed cookies on your browser and provides mechanisms to opt-out of those cookies. You will still receive other types of advertising from participating companies; however, it will not be based on your interests. Deleting browser cookies can remove your opt-out preferences, so you should use these tools periodically to ensure that your preferences are up-to-date.
- Cookies. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to:
- change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it;
- disable existing cookies; or
- set your browser to automatically reject any cookies. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it. You may not disable certain types of cookies that are essential to the operation of our websites and that are considered strictly necessary cookies without affecting your ability to use the website. For example, we use strictly necessary cookies to allow you to view appropriate elements of our websites, such as regional pricing information.
WHO CAN I CONTACT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT COOKIES OR INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING?
Should you have any questions or concerns about our interest-based advertising or our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by telephone at 604-293-2560; or by mail at 2311, Boundary Road, Vancouver, BC, V5M 4W5. All submissions should be directed to the attention of the Privacy Officer.
Last Updated: February 2021